Thursday, January 14, 2010

Vancouver 2010

I've been dreaming about going to the Olympics in Vancouver since it was announced that they would host. Luckily for me, two of my best friends live there and I'm able to visit often. But when I looked into getting tickets to the events I really wanted to see (any hockey games involving Team Canada!) I gave up. Impossible to get, and too expensive for the likes of unemployed me.

Until today...when I received a Christmas card from an old friend in Alberta (from my Korea days, 13 years ago!) who mentioned that he just happened to have an extra ticket for Canada vs. Switzerland on the 18th, and would I want it? Would I want it?!? So, I'm off to Vancouver next month (using frequent flier miles, of course...what will I do when I run out?) to see Marc-Andre Fleury, Sidney Crosby, and the rest of Team Canada as they take on the Swiss. This is as exciting as the time I unexpectedly met the members of Duran Duran!

No comments:

Post a Comment