Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Finally!

After getting stranded in Chicago for 24 hours, I finally made it to Japan! While I know things could have been a lot worse--it was hard to tolerate being stuck in a crappy airport hotel, eating (or rather, trying and failing to) at an abysmal chain restaurant--when I knew I was supposed to be in Tokyo! But hey, I made it, and yesterday I got to Sapporo. I've already hit Uniqlo and Muji, and had some soup curry. I'm looking forward to a lovely tofu kaiseki lunch. I'm supposed to go snowboarding tomorrow, but seeing as my board arrived, but not my boots, gloves, googles, or thermal socks--it will be a bit expensive. But as long as there's snow...

1 comment:

  1. Been wondering what happened to you - been out of the knitting loop for a while! Hope your other snowboarding equipment arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete